Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Things troubling me...

Ok, I know that so many will read this and think I am crazy, but I know that alot of you will agree with me as well. I am seriously burdoned, saddened and concerned with the television shows like "Jersey Shore" and now "Jersey Licious" that showcase the most grotesque, defiling and hideous behavior of women. Illicit sex, gossip, lies, brawling, cursing, sensuality and seduction... is this what we want our young woman turning into? Is this the image that is being idolized by teen girls in America? Is this behavior admirable or desirable? It would be insane to think that there is not an agenda in this "reality" TV industry. I long for the day when true beauty returns to American culture\entertainment, when what is longed for and admired in the eyes of young impressionable teens is modesty, decency, respect of self and others, purity of word and deed, kindness, graciousness, truth and honesty. Unfortunately most of what people see on TV becomes their reality and ultimately their trajectory. God help us, heal hearts and bring to life all that is beautiful in your creation of woman. Help me to be that bright and shining example to all that are behind me and watching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment