Monday, March 29, 2010

Contemplating Jesus

I have been really overwhelmed the past few days at how proud I am... not in any one particular thing, but in comparison to the untouchable beauty, grace, love and humility of Jesus. I have to turn my head in shame at my sin, at my humanity. I guess I am just inwardly aware of how elevated and lofty I make my own opinions, assumptions and ideas about people and issues. My judgements and accusations sicken me. I am writing this honestly because when these times of the year come up and I am horrificly stricken with the reality of what Jesus went through, and more importantly who He IS, I am so deeply aware of how far I am from being anything like Him. Think about the Lamb, being led to slaughter... the Lamb that is God of the universe?! Jesus Christ is the most beautiful Name, the most wonderful thought and the most deeply penetrating and moving figure I have ever encountered in my life. He was laden with the grief of the world, He was scourged, He was mocked, He was completely obliterated for others... and I get offended when I get cut off on the freeway? Seriously. I can't put into words how deeply I want to experience the purity, humility and unconditional love of Jesus in my life and more importantly how badly I desire to see others transformed, impacted, broken and put back together by this same phenomenal Person. I am such a long way from knowing intimately what I perceive and have been taught, but the greatest gift of life is the journey we are on to know... to understand... to become.
Happy Resurrection Week!

1 comment: